Musicians receive state awards
Posted on December 15, 2012, Saturday
KUCHING: Head of State Tun Datuk Patinggi Abang Muhammad Salahuddin Abang Barieng recently presented state awards to Sarawakian musicians Zee Avi, Hafiz and Jerry Kamit. Izyan Alirahman, known by her stage name Zee Avi, was awarded the Pegawai Bintang Kenyalang (PBK), while Mohd Hafiz Mohd Suip received the Ahli Bintang Sarawak (ABS).
The USA-based Zee Avi gained fame following her viral YouTube hit ‘Kantoi’, while Hafiz has won numerous accolades since his breakthrough win of Akademi Fantasia 7.
They were among the 105 awards recipients of awards last Tuesday.
Yesterday, renowned sape player Jerry Kamit was among the 101 award recipients.
- Kuching police seize drugs valued at RM357,450
- Floods continue to recede in Sarawak, only 19 left at a relief centre
- Review of laws is MCMC’s top priority says Chairman Dr Halim
- Former veterinary department director sentenced to two years’ jail
- Car repossessor sentenced to death for drug trafficking