Musicians receive state awards
Posted on December 15, 2012, Saturday
KUCHING: Head of State Tun Datuk Patinggi Abang Muhammad Salahuddin Abang Barieng recently presented state awards to Sarawakian musicians Zee Avi, Hafiz and Jerry Kamit. Izyan Alirahman, known by her stage name Zee Avi, was awarded the Pegawai Bintang Kenyalang (PBK), while Mohd Hafiz Mohd Suip received the Ahli Bintang Sarawak (ABS).
The USA-based Zee Avi gained fame following her viral YouTube hit ‘Kantoi’, while Hafiz has won numerous accolades since his breakthrough win of Akademi Fantasia 7.
They were among the 105 awards recipients of awards last Tuesday.
Yesterday, renowned sape player Jerry Kamit was among the 101 award recipients.
- Lorry driver shot on way to work
- It’s a dog’s life
- Paul supposed to get back from work trip last week – Wife
- Bekas pengerusi DAP Karpal Singh maut dalam kemalangan berhampiran Gua Tempurung pada 12.40 pagi tadi - Ketua Polis Daerah Kampar
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
- Growing jihadist threat in Tunisia border area
- Search Ended as Perpetrator of Fatal Hit-and-Run Surrendered to Police
- ‘No over-reliance on Petronas for contract handouts’
- WTK to benefit from diversification into oil palm plantation
- Possible hike in OPR later this year on March’s steady inflation rate
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement