Talk about end of the world nothing new – entrepreneur
by Jenne Lajiun. Posted on December 22, 2012, Saturday
KOTA KINABALU: Talk about the possibility of the world ending is nothing new and taking place almost annually, said George Clinton, a local entrepreneur yesterday.
“Hence, I don’t take it very seriously. That said, however, I do pray just in case it does happen. Praying does not mean I would be delivered from death, if the end does come, but as a way to get ready to meet with my Almighty,” he said.
He went on to explain the concept of the ‘end of the world’ in his perception and said that the end of the world comes to people when they die.
“It doesn’t mean that the world has actually ended, but it does mean that for those people who have died, it was the end of their existence on this earth,” he said.
He also said he considered the talk about the world ending as merely a hoax.
“I remember that it began in the year 2000. I was working at the hospital then, and the call was taken so seriously that we were asked to keep tabs of situation for 24 hours,” he said.
Meanwhile, a survey in the city and its surrounding areas showed nothing out of the ordinary.
Supermarkets such as Servay in Putatan were quite packed, although it was probably more due to payday than the prediction of the end of the world.
Many shoppers were also busy purchasing school related utensils for their school going children in preparation for the new year 2013.
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
- H1N1 Flu kills 45 in Thailand this year
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement