Icon Offshore Berhad acquires two units of 5150 bhp ahts vessels
Posted on December 29, 2012, Saturday
KUCHING: Icon Offshore Bhd (Icon Offshore), one of Malaysia’s large Offshore Support Vessel (OSV) groups, through its subsidiaries has formalised the purchase of two units of 5,150 brake horsepower (BHP) Anchor Handling Tug Supply (AHTS) vessels from Nam Cheong International Ltd, Labuan, a subsidiary of Nam Cheong Ltd, the largest offshore support vessels builder in Malaysia.
The vessels which are American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Class are expected to be delivered in the first quarter of 2013.
Icon Offshore’s chief executive officer, Dr Jamal Yusof, is optimistic on the opportunities that the additional vessels will bring to the company.
He said, “With the addition of two more vessels to our existing fleet, we expect to be able to secure additional contracts which would further boost the company’s current revenue of RM245 million per annum.”
Currently, Icon Offshore operates 28 vessels in South East Asia and Middle East.
- 925 illegal immigrants detained, 400 squatter houses to be demolished in Ops Gasak 26
- SpaceX rocket explodes during test flight
- Famed Galapagos tortoise ‘Pepe the Missionary’ dies
- Marudu bay dwindiling marine and coastal resources need urgent attention
- No official medal tally at Yog 2014 – Chef-de-mission