Icon Offshore Berhad acquires two units of 5150 bhp ahts vessels
Posted on December 29, 2012, Saturday
KUCHING: Icon Offshore Bhd (Icon Offshore), one of Malaysia’s large Offshore Support Vessel (OSV) groups, through its subsidiaries has formalised the purchase of two units of 5,150 brake horsepower (BHP) Anchor Handling Tug Supply (AHTS) vessels from Nam Cheong International Ltd, Labuan, a subsidiary of Nam Cheong Ltd, the largest offshore support vessels builder in Malaysia.
The vessels which are American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Class are expected to be delivered in the first quarter of 2013.
Icon Offshore’s chief executive officer, Dr Jamal Yusof, is optimistic on the opportunities that the additional vessels will bring to the company.
He said, “With the addition of two more vessels to our existing fleet, we expect to be able to secure additional contracts which would further boost the company’s current revenue of RM245 million per annum.”
Currently, Icon Offshore operates 28 vessels in South East Asia and Middle East.
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement