Kuching City South mayor brings Koreans to Sibu
Posted on January 3, 2013, Thursday
SIBU: Kuching City South Mayor Datuk James Chan believes Sibu has its uniqueness and is not hesitating to tell foreign friends about it.
He was in Sibu yesterday with four delegates of Guro District Council, Seoul.
Guro District Council in South Korea has just signed a friendship-city pact with Kuching City South. The signing ceremony was held in Korea.
Chan said it was not right that he focused only on Kuching City South. “I should think of Sarawak in general,” he said, adding that Sibu was one nice place in Sarawak that he thought should be introduced to the outsiders.
“That’s why I bring these Korean friends here to Sibu.
“Being a mayor of Kuching South, I think this is some kind of sharing and I think year 2013 is a good start for us to have this sharing.
“I am very happy to be here, and am impressed by the hospitality of my hosts here,” he said. Among those present to meet the visitors were Minister of Local Government and Community Development and Second Finance Minister Dato Sri Wong Soon Koh, his wife Datin Sri Pauline Leong, Sibu Municipal Council chairman Datuk Tiong Thai King and Temenggong Vincent Lau Lee Ming.
Meanwhile, Guro District Council vice-chairman Park Jong Hyeon said they choose to have a friendship-city agreement with Kuching City South because it is a nice place in terms of economy, and is the gateway to SCORE.
He said some of the Korean companies were considering to invest in SCORE.
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
- H1N1 Flu kills 45 in Thailand this year
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement