Unidentified body of woman found at riverbank
Posted on January 5, 2013, Saturday
BAU: The police are appealing to anyone with a missing family member to help identify a woman whose body was found at a riverbank here yesterday.
District police chief DSP Mohd Sabri Zainol said the body of the woman, believed to be a local Chinese, was spotted by a fisherman along the bank of Sungai Merod in Kampung Tringgus near here around 10am.
The fully clothed body was in a decomposed state, leading to the belief the victim had been dead for at least three days.
According to Mohd Sabri, no form of identification was found on the body, although locals believe the victim was a woman of unsound mind from Bau bazaar.
“Several villagers said the body resembled that of a mentally-unsound woman known to walk from Bau bazaar to Kampung Tringgus nearly every day.
“We have yet to establish her identity and I urge anyone who may be missing a family member to lodge a police report to enable us to identify her,” said Mohd Sabri.
Initial investigation indicated no element of foul play was involved, and the case has been classified as sudden death.
- Teacher forces student to convert without parental consent
- Secret Chinese airport brought down to earth by chopper crash
- Air crash victims' hometown 'angry', 'shocked' by new findings
- Phone interception reveals 'crown prince' gave ‘green light’ to attack cops – officer
- Minister: Schoolgirl asks for ‘conversion’ but parents not informed