Sony announces razor-thin Full HD Xperia Tablet Z in Japan
Posted on January 21, 2013, Monday
Surprise, people. Sony has announced the Tablet variant of their highly anticipated and sexy Xperia Z phone, the Xperia Tablet Z in Japan today.
The tablet, from the revealed images, have a lot in common in looks with its smaller sibling. Besides the impressive appearance, the tablet is no slouch in specs too: a Qualcomm 1.5GHz quad-core APQ8064 processor, 2GB RAM, 32GB storage, a 10.1-inch 1,920 x 1,200 screen (with Mobile Bravia Engine 2), an 8.1-megapixel Exmor R camera, NFC, LTE (MDM9215M radio), microSD expansion and Sony’s own “S-Force” virtual surround sound technology.
The key selling point though, is that with all that monstrous hardware built in, Sony managed to cut the thickness to 6.9mm, which is even thinner than the Xperia Z smartphone, AND at the same time is water and dust-proof. Now that’s something.
No pricing and availability details yet, so keep an eye around here for more info in the future.
- Robin Hood monkey showers Indian town with cash
- Android smartwatches about to add smarter syncing, integration features: report
- Crown Prince awarded with advanced combat skills badge, among others
- Three premises temporarily close for failing hygiene standard
- Youth’s jail term for rape, sodomy reduced on appeal