My name not on the list submitted by supp — Chin
Posted on February 1, 2013, Friday
KUALA LUMPUR: Sarawak United People’s Party (SUPP) president Datuk Seri Peter Chin Fah Kui has confirmed that his name was not on the list of candidates submitted by the party to the Barisan Nasional (BN) leadership.
“Component parties have submitted their lists and in the list, especially by SUPP, my name is not there,” Chin who is also the Energy, Green Technology and Water Minister said during a press conference at the 15th Malaysia Strategic Outlook Conference 2013 here.
Chin, 67, has been the Member of Parliament for Miri since 1986 and in the 2008 general election won the seat by 5,216-vote majority against DAP candidate, Fong Pau Teck.
SUPP, which is the oldest political party in Sarawak, won six of the seven parliamentary constituencies in the 12th general election held in 2008. — Bernama
- Impose whipping on those who make sensitive and insulting statements: MP
- RM975.37 million allocated to replace old, leaking water pipes nationwide: Ongkili
- Prosecution to rebut defence arguments tomorrow: Muhammad Shafee
- St Vincent: Ship denied entry following report of crew exhibiting Ebola symptoms
- Review punishment for timber theft: MACC