My name not on the list submitted by supp — Chin
Posted on February 1, 2013, Friday
KUALA LUMPUR: Sarawak United People’s Party (SUPP) president Datuk Seri Peter Chin Fah Kui has confirmed that his name was not on the list of candidates submitted by the party to the Barisan Nasional (BN) leadership.
“Component parties have submitted their lists and in the list, especially by SUPP, my name is not there,” Chin who is also the Energy, Green Technology and Water Minister said during a press conference at the 15th Malaysia Strategic Outlook Conference 2013 here.
Chin, 67, has been the Member of Parliament for Miri since 1986 and in the 2008 general election won the seat by 5,216-vote majority against DAP candidate, Fong Pau Teck.
SUPP, which is the oldest political party in Sarawak, won six of the seven parliamentary constituencies in the 12th general election held in 2008. — Bernama
- Touching dogs against mainstream Islamic practice in Malaysia — Fatwa council
- JACC, ATSB, Malaysian govt hold closed-door meeting on search
- 1DANA to boost research, devt and commercialisation
- MyCC warns school bus operators on price fixing
- Malaysia needs more data management experts, says Ahmad Shabery