Don’t be tools to split your party, unsuccessful aspirants told
Posted on February 8, 2013, Friday
KAPIT: Individuals aspiring to be BN candidates in the coming 13th general election but failed to be recommended by their party should not let themselves become tools of those out to split and destroy their party.
This warning came from PRS president Tan Sri Dr James Masing when referring to the goings-on in the six parliamentary seats allocated to his party.
“That’s very important, those who’re not selected as BN PRS candidate, don’t be made a tool by others to destabilise the party in the six parliamentary constituencies. Please stay united and together to support the party’s candidates so that the party remains strong,” the Land Development Minister said.
The six seats allocated to PRS are: Hulu Rajang, Kanowit, Julau, Selangau, Lubok Antu and Sri Aman.
“Based on my past experience, I’m confident that the list of candidates submitted by PRS has been accepted by both the state and the national BN leaders,” he added when speaking at the Leaders-Meet-The-People session at Rumah Laso, Nanga Antawau, here yesterday.
He also told the people to give their full support to the candidates nominated by BN to contest the seats.
On the six seats, he said only Hulu Rajang would see a new face to represent BN – incumbent Datuk Billy Abit would be replaced by his (Masing’s) private secretary Wilson Ugak Kumbong.
Present with him were a political secretary to the Chief Minister Wilson Nyabong, Ugak, Deputy Kapit Resident Mohd Ikhmal Abdullah, Kapit information officer Koh Kumbong, Penghulu Jampi Raweng and Tuai Rumah Laso.
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
- H1N1 Flu kills 45 in Thailand this year
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement