Moderate earthquake hits Seram in Indonesia
Posted on February 14, 2013, Thursday
KUALA LUMPUR: A moderate earthquake measuring 5.6 magnitude on the Richter scale hit Seram island, Indonesia at 1.21pm yesterday.
The Malaysian Meteorological Department in a statement here said the earthquake’s epicenter was 229km southwest of Sorong, Indonesia and 1,521km southeast of Semporna, Sabah.
No tsunami warning was issued. — Bernama
- ‘Medical practitioners fail to detect dengue symptoms early’
- ‘We Care for Humanity’ to set up new chapter in Malaysia
- Palanivel must hold CWC emergency meeting within 24 hours — Saravanan
- Malaysia to host 24th International Harm Reduction Conference in October
- Delays or no action taken top complaint list