Moderate earthquake hits Seram in Indonesia
Posted on February 14, 2013, Thursday
KUALA LUMPUR: A moderate earthquake measuring 5.6 magnitude on the Richter scale hit Seram island, Indonesia at 1.21pm yesterday.
The Malaysian Meteorological Department in a statement here said the earthquake’s epicenter was 229km southwest of Sorong, Indonesia and 1,521km southeast of Semporna, Sabah.
No tsunami warning was issued. — Bernama
- NBC latest to dump Trump over Mexican immigrant comments
- JAPEM Presents Donation to 4 Less Fortunate Families
- KLIA Customs foils RM4 million cigarette smuggling attempt
- Vest power to coordinate border security control on state police chiefs — Ayub
- Public advised not to be deceived into buying ‘magical’ bezoar stones