Junkie arrested after he allegedly robbed former co-worker

OFF TO LOCK-UP: The suspect being led away to the police lock-up after his arrest.

OFF TO LOCK-UP: The suspect being led away to the police lock-up after his arrest.

KUCHING: A drug addict was arrested by police after he allegedly robbed and assaulted his former co-worker for supposedly withholding information on the former’s ex-wife.

The incident happened around 4am when the addict, in his 20s, burst into the bedroom of the 29-year-old former co-worker at the latter’s house in Kampung Tupong Ulu here and attacked him with the blunt end of a samurai sword.

The victim was then forced out of the room by the armed suspect, who also stole a wallet, mobile phone and small television set, and ordered him into a Perodua Kenari with three other men waiting

At the time, the victim’s 19-year-old fiancee and other family members could do nothing but watched the incident unfold before them, as the aggressive suspect threatened to harm the victim if anyone tried to

From Kampung Tupong Ulu, the victim was first taken to a house in Kampung Kudei where he was beaten up by the addict and his friends.

A source disclosed that the addict had demanded the victim to reveal the identity of another man – whom he believed was the victim’s friend – as the man had allegedly caused his wife to divorce him.

When the victim continued to deny knowing who the person in question was, the enraged addict brought the former to his own house in RPR Batu Kawa and assaulted him once more.

Not satisfied, he then contacted the victim’s elder brother to challenge him to a fight, but was taken aback when told that the brother was at the Gita police station lodging a report of the incident.

In an attempt to fool the cops, the suspect headed to the Batu Kawa police station and lodged a report stating that he had caught his former co-worker breaking into his house and had beaten him to protect his

His ruse however, failed and he was swiftly arrested by police, who also rescued the victim from the suspect’s house and sent him to the Sarawak General Hospital for medical attention.

The suspect, who later tested positive for drugs, is being held in the lockup pending further investigation.

What do you think of this story?
  • Great (0%)
  • Interesting (0%)
  • Nothing (0%)
  • Sad (0%)
  • Angry (0%)
Print Friendly


We encourage commenting on our stories to give readers a chance to express their opinions; please refrain from vulgar language, insidious, seditious or slanderous remarks. While the comments here reflect the views of the readers, they are not necessarily that of Borneo Post Online. Borneo Post Online reserves the right not to publish or to remove comments that are offensive or volatile. Please read the Commenting Rules.



Supplement Downloads

Member of