Clowns entertain more than 300 in humanitarian show
by Chen Ai Shih, email@example.com. Posted on March 2, 2013, Saturday
KUCHING: More than 300 people were entertained by the ‘International Humanitarian Show’ presented by the World Clown Association (WCA) at Merdeka Palace Hotel and Suites on Thursday.
Children from The Salvation Army Boys Home, The Salvation Army Children’s Home, The Orphanage Welfare Association Sarawak and Dyslexia Centre were also invited to enjoy the clowns’ performance.
Among those present at the show were Kuching North City Commission (DBKU) Datuk Bandar Datuk Abang Abdul Wahap Abang Julai and Assistant Minister of Tourism and chairman of Sarawak Economic Development Corporation (SEDC) Datuk Talib Zulpilip.
This was one of the programmes of WCA’s 30th anniversary convention (from Feb 25 to March 1) here which was first held in Asia.
Some of the clowns performed silently, while others not only spoke but also used puppets, balloons, musical instruments and even a magic show to entertain the attendees.
During the convention, clowns throughout the world arrived here and conducted workshops, classes, competitions and performances.
Clowns attending this convention came from different age groups armed with different skills. There were young clowns, old clowns, clowns who work in circuses, theme parks, churches, schools, hospitals and those who make appearance in parades, birthday parties or corporate events.
On Thursday, under the programme ‘Sarawak Smiles’, they visited local hospitals and charitable homes to share their smiles, laughter and entertainment with the said residents.
One group even spent a day at the Sarawak Forestry site where they completed a work day at the Semonggoh Wildlife Centre.
Yesterday, the clowns went to Plaza Merdeka shopping mall for the ‘Paradeability Competition’.
- English debate attracted only 7 out of 27 Sibu schools — Education assistant officer
- Top catch of 560gm – and RM600 – goes to Dayang Aury in Marine Police fishing contest
- SMK Tiong Hin wins choral speaking contest
- Expo to form part of Miri May Fest celebration
- SMK Marudi best with 95.5 pct overall pass
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement