Injured personnel flown to Sandakan hospital
by Winnie Kasmir. Posted on March 2, 2013, Saturday
SANDAKAN: A police personnel who was injured in the gunfight with the Sulu gunmen in Lahad Datu, was flown by a Royal Malaysia Police (RMP) helicopter to Hospital Duchess of Kent yesterday afternoon.
The helicopter was seen landing at around 2.53 pm at HDOK helicopter pad and the victim was admitted to the hospital’s Emergency and Trauma Unit around 2.59pm.
The HDOK was also guarded by enforcement authorities such as the police and army during the arrival of the injured personnel.
As of yesterday, all schools were also ordered to be closed early.
According to students who studied in the afternoon session here, they were asked to go home around 3pm by their school authority.
From a survey made by The Borneo Post, several shops were also seen to have closed early.
So far there is no official statement made by the authority regarding the situation in Sandakan.
- Govt hopes to present national harmony draft bill to parliament end of next year
- The days when sports were part of patriotism and nation building
- Four die in accident at KM18 Miri-Bintulu coastal road
- Funeral of disaster-hit ferry owner starts in S. Korea
- Porn king still fighting, on Hustler’s 40th birthday