Great Eastern Takaful appoints new CEO
Posted on March 4, 2013, Monday
KUCHING: Great Eastern Takaful Sdn Bhd (Great Eastern Takaful) has appointed Zafri Abdul Halim as the new chief executive officer (CEO) of the family takaful company effective from March 1, 2013.
In a press release, the company stated that the new CEO held a Master of Science in Project Management from George Washington University and a Bachelors Degree in Accountancy in addition to being a member of Malaysian Institute of Accountant and a certified Chartered Accountant.
“With his vast experience in the financial industry spanning over 20 years, Zafri is well-placed to drive Great Eastern Group’s long term plan in the expansion of its takaful business locally.
“He’s not new to the Great Eastern Group as he’s one of the pioneers in laying the foundation of Great Eastern Takaful.
“He was the company’s chief financial officer in which he oversaw all financial and fiscal management aspects of the company’s operations both locally and regionally, in line with the Group’s overall strategic objectives.
Zafri said, “I am honoured to be given the opportunity to further develop the company.
“We have tremendous amount of support from Great Eastern and coupled with our strong brand equity, range of products, dedicated employees, distribution partners and agency force, I have no doubt that we will be a force to reckon with.
“We will pursue our main strategies in penetrating the local market with our dual agency approach and direct agency under Great Eastern Takaful Own Agency (GOA).”
Great Eastern Takaful chairman Datuk Kamaruddin Taib said, “Zafri’s vast knowledge and experience together with his strong strategic leadership, will position him well to further grow the business forward and keep us at the forefront of the industry.”
- Our responsibility to stop drug menace, says DO
- English debate attracted only 7 out of 27 Sibu schools — Education assistant officer
- Top catch of 560gm – and RM600 – goes to Dayang Aury in Marine Police fishing contest
- SMK Tiong Hin wins choral speaking contest
- Expo to form part of Miri May Fest celebration
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement