Security situation in Kunak, Sandakan and Semporna under control — IGP
Posted on March 4, 2013, Monday
LAHAD DATU: Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Ismail Omar reiterated the security situation in Kunak, Sandakan and Semporna is under control.
He also dismissed rumours of chaos occuring in Kunak, Sandakan and Semporna.
“The security situation is under control and there is no chaos as portrayed by the social media,” he told a joint press conference with Armed Forces Chief, Gen Tan Sri Zulkifeli Mohd Zin here, today.
The IGP was commenting on the security situation in Sabah, 21 days after the intrusion by armed foreign groups in Kampung Tanduo, about 130 km from Lahad Datu.
He said the police would investigate and take action against unscrupulous people who spread rumours that could trigger confusion among the public.
“We are thinking about taking legal action against them (those who spread false information. The police and armed forces are working closely to ensure that the security situation in Sabah is under control,” he added.
Meanwhile, Zulkifeli said the armed forces had deployed additional troops to help the police keep the peace on the Sabah east coast.
“We will help the police to restore public confidence in the security level of Sabah,” he added. — BERNAMA
- Teacher forces student to convert without parental consent
- Secret Chinese airport brought down to earth by chopper crash
- Air crash victims' hometown 'angry', 'shocked' by new findings
- Minister: Schoolgirl asks for ‘conversion’ but parents not informed
- Phone interception reveals 'crown prince' gave ‘green light’ to attack cops – officer