Ex-serviceman laments SVTB1M rejection
Posted on March 6, 2013, Wednesday
KUCHING: Former serviceman Lance Corporal Juna Gena, 39, laments the rejection of his Sumbangan Veteran Tidak Berpencen 1Malaysia (SVTB1M) application by Veteran Affairs Department (Sarawak branch) even though the federal body states otherwise.
“I have received a letter of approval from Veteran Affairs Department ATM in Kuala Lumpur saying that I am eligible for the one-off payment.
“However, different thing was said when I enquired about it at the Satok branch,” said Juna, who approached the Serian DAP branch chairman Edward Luwak yesterday.
He said the only reason given for the rejection was something to do with his termination from the service.
“I find it rather unsettling as I have been in the army for 16 years whereas those who only served less than 10 years received theirs,” said Juna, whose last station was at Pakit camp in Sri Aman.
He also defended his termination saying that it was just a minor misunderstanding with a superior officer.
Meanwhile, Edward said that they would follow up with Juna’s case in order to ease his predicament.
- Air France resumes flights to Tel Aviv
- Royals Presenting Kurnia to 11,353 Recipients at Istana Nurul Iman
- Monarch Extends Personal Gifts to Additional 4,651 Underprivileged Recipients
- Squash star Nicol in cruise control in Glasgow
- Mohd Zulhelmi lifts Malaysia’s first medal at Glasgow Commonwealth Games