Motorcyclist killed in freak road accident
Posted on March 7, 2013, Thursday
KUCHING: A restaurant waiter died in a freak road accident yesterday when he fell into the path of a passing lorry after initially crashing his motorcycle.
The deceased, identified as 19-year-old Roy Ba’ah, was said to be exiting a T-junction at Mile 19 Kuching-Serian Road when he lost control of his machine and crashed on the road around 2.15pm.
The impact of the crash flung him to the middle of the road and into the path of a lorry, resulting in him being run over and killed on the spot.
A cousin of the deceased revealed that Roy, originally from Simunjan, had been staying with him at a house in Taman Duranda Emas since moving back here
from Kuala Lumpur two weeks ago.
He added Roy, who worked as a restaurant waiter while in KL, held a similar job here although he was unsure if the deceased- clad in his uniform- was heading to or returning from work at the time of the accident.
District traffic police personnel were on hand to investigate the fatal accident and later transported the body to the mortuary for a post-mortem.
- Phone interception reveals 'crown prince' gave ‘green light’ to attack cops – officer
- Secret Chinese airport brought down to earth by chopper crash
- Lower-and middle-income groups protected under GST
- Gonorrhoea cases on the rise; 10-year-olds inflicted, too
- Customer goes berserk at fastfood restaurant