DAP ceramah crowd observe a minute of silence for fallen heroes in Lahad Datu
Posted on March 13, 2013, Wednesday
KUCHING: A huge crowd who turned up for a political talk by ‘Superman’ Dr Hew Kuan Yau of the DAP at the opposition rally held at MJC Batu Kawah here on Monday night observed one minute silence for the fallen heroes during Ops Daulat in Lahad Datu, Sabah.
Hew is an ordinary party member but was said to be a ‘famous DAP speaker’.
The DAP ceramah themed ‘Superman Returns’ saw speaker Hew sporting his trademark T-shirt with the Superman ‘S’ symbol. He also appeared in last state election, hence the theme ‘Superman Returns’ on Monday night.
Apart from Hew, state DAP secretary Chong Chieng Jen who is also Bandar Kuching MP also spoke.
Other speakers were State DAP deputy publicity secretary Wong King Wei, who is also Padungan assemblyman, its treasurer Violet Yong (Pending assemblywoman), Christina Chew (Batu Kawa assemblywoman), Edward Andrew Luak (DAP Serian chief), Julian Tan (DAP hopeful for Stampin or Bandar Kuching) and Mordi Bimol (DAP hopeful candidate for Mas Gading).
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
- H1N1 Flu kills 45 in Thailand this year
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement