Kota Belud to host state-level Harvest Festival
Posted on March 14, 2013, Thursday
KOTA KINABALU: Kota Belud will be hosting the opening of the state-level Harvest Festival (Kaamatan) on May 1, Deputy Chief Minister Tan Sri Joseph Pairin Kitingan announced yesterday.
The theme for this year’s celebration is ‘Tihombuso Piunungan Om Pirotian Maya Kaamatan (Sustain Goodwill and Understanding Through Kaamatan).
“The launching will be graced by Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman,” he said after chairing the Harvest Festival main committee meeting at his office in Sembulan here.
Kota Marudu, which was supposed to host this year’s event, gave the opportunity to Kota Belud to proceed with the opening ceremony.
Harvest Festivals aim to showcase the state’s rich cultural heritage with ‘Sugandoi’ (singing) and the Unduk Ngadau pageant. Traditional sports and agriculture-products exhibition will also be featured in this annual celebration.
- Our responsibility to stop drug menace, says DO
- English debate attracted only 7 out of 27 Sibu schools — Education assistant officer
- Top catch of 560gm – and RM600 – goes to Dayang Aury in Marine Police fishing contest
- SMK Tiong Hin wins choral speaking contest
- Expo to form part of Miri May Fest celebration
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement