Kota Belud to host state-level Harvest Festival
Posted on March 14, 2013, Thursday
KOTA KINABALU: Kota Belud will be hosting the opening of the state-level Harvest Festival (Kaamatan) on May 1, Deputy Chief Minister Tan Sri Joseph Pairin Kitingan announced yesterday.
The theme for this year’s celebration is ‘Tihombuso Piunungan Om Pirotian Maya Kaamatan (Sustain Goodwill and Understanding Through Kaamatan).
“The launching will be graced by Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman,” he said after chairing the Harvest Festival main committee meeting at his office in Sembulan here.
Kota Marudu, which was supposed to host this year’s event, gave the opportunity to Kota Belud to proceed with the opening ceremony.
Harvest Festivals aim to showcase the state’s rich cultural heritage with ‘Sugandoi’ (singing) and the Unduk Ngadau pageant. Traditional sports and agriculture-products exhibition will also be featured in this annual celebration.
- EPF considering to offer syariah-compliant retirement savings scheme
- US and Japan offer help to solve Rohingya issue, says Najib
- Withdrawal of halal certificate from Secret Recipe not due to use of prohibited food items: Jakim
- Government to assist affected Mas staff: Riot
- 1MDB officials will testify before PAC, says Najib