Graduate employability blueprint to see 6,000 grads trained in 2013
Posted on March 22, 2013, Friday
PUTRAJAYA: A total of 6,000 graduates will be trained by Talent Corp Malaysia Bhd this year through a bridging programme under the Graduate Employability Blueprint to assist graduates find suitable employment.
Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Tan Sri Nor Mohamed Yakcop said in 2011, Talent Corp trained 1,000 graduates and this figure rose to 2,000 last year.
“This is part of the government’s efforts to strengthen the employability of graduates from higher institutions of learning under Talent Corp and the 1Malaysia Training Scheme (SL1M),” he told reporters before attending a meeting of the Graduate Employability Taskforce (GET) here yesterday.
The GET, regulated by the Economic Planning Unit (EPU) under the Prime Minister’s Department, provides oversight in the implementation of the blueprint.
Meetings of the GET are held four times a year and today’s session is the first for 2013.
According to Nor Mohamed Yakcop, through SL1M, more than 9,000 graduates had been successfully placed in participating companies under their corporate social responsibility.
“Up to February this year, a total of 8,643 graduates had been employed with 1,651 still undergoing the SL1M programme.
“At present, the SL1M secretariat is securing the participation of new companies to place 2,349 graduates,” he said.
He also said based on the Tracer Study 2012, 20 per cent of first degree holders from public institutions of higher learning had yet to secure jobs, six months after graduating,
“For diploma holders, the figure is 17.6 per cent,” he added. — Bernama
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement