Coneli Futsal Stadium launches futsal challenge
by Matthew T. Umpang. Posted on March 31, 2013, Sunday
KUCHING: Coneli Futsal Stadium, renowned futsal venue, launched the `3 vs 3 Futbol Challenge’ at The Spring shopping mall here yesterday.
A total of 61 teams are participating in the tournament which is divided into four categories namely the Boys Under-14, Men’s Open, Women’s Open and Corporate Category.
Winners stand to win cash prizes, medals and Coneli vouchers.
Football Association of Sarawak (FAS) vice-president Razali Dolhan performed a kick-off to mark the start of the tournament.
Renowned national freestyle footballer Ariff Karim was also invited for the opening. He mesmerised the crowd with his brilliant ball control and juggle.
“This is my first time in Sarawak and I am very excited to show what I can do here. I like it here as the people here are very supportive and enthusiastic in football and futsal,” he said.
Leslie Lau, speaking on behalf of Coneli Futsal Stadium, said the venue was formerly known as Vikings Futsal Stadium.
“We encourage all futsal enthusiasts to check out the new venue which is located at Jalan Batu Kawa – Matang,” he added.
He also announced that the Coneli sports store is launching a privilege card for all its customers.
- Kpg Gersik Saguking fire victims receive aid
- Helicopter lands on its side, engine catches fire
- Court sets June 26 for Najib’s 1MDB defamation suit against news portals, publications
- Dalai Lama urges Suu Kyi to act on Rohingya
- Malaysia hopes for major breakthrough on Laos, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore Power Integration Project (LTMS-PIP)