Yeoh visits Tanoti House
Posted on April 1, 2013, Monday
KUCHING: Traditional weaving workshop centre Tanoti House received Datuk Michelle Yeoh, an international actress on Sunday.
Yeoh, well known for her acting in action-packed Holywood movies, was in Kuching for the Asean International Film Festival (AIFFA) 2013.
Tatoni House is a centre which gathers talented weavers from all over Sarawak to produce Songket and Pua Kumbu, promoting and preserving the art of weaving for generations to come. It also helps women from the rural communities improve their standard of living through the sale of these fine products.
At Tatoni House, Yeoh was shown around the processes of weaving. Demonstrators showed their skills in the finesse of weaving.
Yeoh also mingled with personnel of Tatoni House who were ardent fans of her movies.
- Three killed, 11 injured in coal mine explosion in Sarawak
- Ahmad: Managed float system to stay with oil prices at below US$80 a barrel
- Muhyiddin wants classical literature works spread using multimedia, digital technology
- European space plane set for February launch: firm
- Sultanate Ranks 30th on HDI