SMK Matang Hilir retain Pencak Silat title
by Matthew T. Umpang, firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted on April 6, 2013, Saturday
KUCHING: Defending champion, SMK Matang Hilir retained its title in the recent inter-schools Pencak Silat Championship for a record fifth time.
SK Tan Sri Datuk Haji Mohamed on the other hand emerged champion in the primary schools division.
“The competition almost saw a new champion this year, but we will not go down without a fight,” SMK Matang Hilir team coach Wan Zainudin Wan Junaidi said on the hard work of his silat exponents.
SMK Matang Hilir won three out 13 events contested and the exponents won the Muzik Silat Iringan, Seni Silat Tempur Puteri and the Seni Jurus Wajib Putera competitions.
Apart from that, two non-Malay exponents were a part of the winning SMK Matang Hilir team.
State’s Ministry of Education Silat technical head, Mohd Mortadza Matrang announced the winners will represent Kuching for the coming inter-division championship which will be held on April 24-27.
The tournament was jointly organised by the Ministry of Education, SMK Agama Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce and SK Gita.
The closing ceremony was officiated by Deputy Federal Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation Datuk Fadillah Yusof.
- US ‘delighted’ by impending arrival of Sudanese Christian convert
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian in massive W.Bank clash: security
- ‘Challenges’ in quest to find water on Earth-like worlds
- Commonwealth Games: David reaches women’s squash last 16
- Wreckage of missing Algerian airliner with 116 on board found in Mali