M’sia runs into big boys at World Junior Tennis Team qualifiers
by Ting Tieng Hee, firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted on April 8, 2013, Monday
KUCHING: Malaysia face a big challenge in the Asia-Oceania Final Qualifiers for World Junior Team Boys at the Sarawak Lawn Tennis Association Tennis Centre as they are drawn in a tough group.
Team captain Stevie Din said he had hoped that the Malaysian team would be drawn together with Singapore but instead got the third seeds Thailand and fifth seeds China as well as Kazakhstan for company in Group C.
“I am expecting all the matches to be very, very tough as we are playing against the seeded teams, and Kazakhstan are also hot to handle,” he said after the captains’ meeting and draw yesterday.
“We will try our best to play well and also avoid losing too badly to the seeded teams,” Stevie said ahead of today’s opening match against China.
- Man found dead inside 4WD, wallet and cellphone missing
- Shahidan: Security along Syed Omar rat trail to be tightened
- Three more boats with illegals detected at Pulau Jarak, Perak
- Hishammuddin: Code of conduct best way to govern competing claims in South China Sea
- Singapore foils multiple attempts of smuggling contraband cigarettes via land checkpoints