EC: Polling on 5 May, Nomination on 20 April *video!
Posted on April 10, 2013, Wednesday
PUTRAJAYA: The Malaysian Election Commission has today announced that the polling date of the 13th General Election of Malaysia (PRU13) to be 5th May, 2013, while nomination of candidates is set on 20th April.
All 222 parliamentary and 505 state seats will be decided on the same day, stated the Election Commission.
On the other hand, Sarawak will not be electing a new state assembly as the current Sarawak state government still has 3 years left before expiry.
The Election Commission held a special meeting earlier today on 9.30am to decide on the respective dates on the PRU13.
More news to follow. #ge13 #myvote13
- Phone interception reveals 'crown prince' gave ‘green light’ to attack cops – officer
- Teacher forces student to convert without parental consent
- Secret Chinese airport brought down to earth by chopper crash
- Air crash victims' hometown 'angry', 'shocked' by new findings
- Lower-and middle-income groups protected under GST