Decision time for Eldstal and Salibasic
by Matthew T. Umpang, email@example.com. Posted on April 11, 2013, Thursday
KUCHING: Sarawak coach Robert Alberts has revealed that two new players might be in the starting line up against Kedah away at Alor Setar tomorrow.
As the Malaysian league transfer window opens and the second round of the Premier League starts, Alberts is looking to strengthen his team to continue their campaign.
Junior Eldstal and Muamer Salibasic are the two new faces that Sarawak is looking into signing and Alberts is hoping that the two players can finalise their transfer as soon as possible.
No deal between the Football Association of Sarawak (FAS) and the two players was revealed by the officials yesterday.
When contacted by The Borneo Post yesterday, FAS deputy president Mohammad Abu Bakar Marzuki remarked that all transactions regarding the two players “ran smoothly” and they are set to unveil the players as soon as possible.
Eldstal holds a Malaysian passport so he will not play for the team as an import.
His mother is a Sabahan and his father Swedish.
“The two players are the type of players that I am looking for and I think they came to the team at the right time. This is because there are four players currently in the crock list,” said Alberts.
Alberts assessed that Salibasic has the qualities of a good midfielder and he is also fast while Eldstal can play defence as well.
“He is tall and I believe that with his (young) age he can be a good player for Sarawak,” he added.
After tomorrow’s match against Kedah, Sarawak will next face Kelantan in an important home match for the second leg of the FA Cup quarter-final on April 16.
Alberts’ advice to his players is to focus on the Kedah match not be distracted by the April 16 FA Cup tie in Kuching.
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement