DAP’s Kapit candidate buys nomination forms
Posted on April 17, 2013, Wednesday
KAPIT: Democratic Action Party (DAP) candidate Ramli Malaka purchased his nomination forms from the Kapit District Office on Monday.
The mechanical engineer from Katibas said he is ready to face incumbent Datuk Alexander Nanta Linggi from Barisan Nasional (BN), who has represented the area since 1999.
“After months of preparation, we’re prepared for the coming election and our election machinery is ready to operate,” Ramli told a press conference.
Also present were DAP members Sai Malaka, Razeni Gemong as well as DAP Kapit women’s chief Embak Malaka.
Ramli called on the people to help Pakatan Rakyat (PR) form a new government for a change.
He said if he were elected, he would set up a fund called the Kapit Foundation.
“The fund will be for the people’s welfare, to uplift education, hardcore poor, patients, children with special needs, etc. Look around, P215 Kapit is still lagging far behind in terms of infrastructure and amenities,” he said.
In the 2011 state election, Ramli contested in the Jepak state seat for the Sarawak National Party (SNAP) and only managed 433 votes.
The seat was won by Datuk Talib Zulpilip (BN) who received 5,470 votes, while PKR’s Abdul Jalil Bujang managed 2,342 votes and independent candidates Abdul Kuddus Ramlee and Awang Abdillah Awang Nasar managed 477 votes and 89 votes respectively.
There are 26,283 registered voters in Kapit — 9,369 in Katibas and 16,914 in Pelagus.
In both the 2004 and 2008 parliamentary elections, Nanta won the Kapit seat uncontested.
During his debut in 1999, Nanta received 12,157 votes to defeat independent Richard Nujong Abit who managed 1,141 votes.
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
- H1N1 Flu kills 45 in Thailand this year
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement