World Earth Day celebrated with fashion show
Posted on April 22, 2013, Monday
KUCHING: Plaza Merdeka celebrated World Earth Day 2013 with musical performances and a fashion show on Saturday.
World Earth Day falls on April 22, which is today.
The evening kicked off with Kenwy Music & Arts Academy playing popular tunes like ‘Rasa Sayang’ and ‘Canon in D’.
After that, 10 models took to the stage to present creations with World Earth Day as the theme.
They wore costumes fashioned from recyclable materials like old CDs, wooden pegs, black rubbish bags, old magazines, yarn and paper cups.
Some models donned headpieces showing an environmentally-distressed Earth and a giant cigarette.
Visitors took the opportunity to have their pictures taken with the models.
The unique outfits were created by Monica Maison Academy.
After that, guests were entertained by bands from Tour De Tontong.
- ‘Medical practitioners fail to detect dengue symptoms early’
- ‘We Care for Humanity’ to set up new chapter in Malaysia
- Palanivel must hold CWC emergency meeting within 24 hours — Saravanan
- Malaysia to host 24th International Harm Reduction Conference in October
- Delays or no action taken top complaint list