Upgrading Pan Borneo trunk road realistic proposition — Lau
Posted on April 26, 2013, Friday
SIBU: Upgrading the Pan Borneo trunk road is an ideal and realistic proposition, says BN Sibu candidate Vincent Lau.
Lau expressed full confidence that Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak would look into the matter soonest.
“We want the trunk road upgraded because we understand its importance to the people and the state’s economy. To me, upgrading the highway is the realistic proposition.
“Definitely, we will look into this and we will fight for it,” Lau told the press after a function at Simpang Tiga in Kpg Nangka here late Wednesday.
He was reacting to DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng’s promise of building a toll-free Pan Borneo Highway from Kudat (Sabah) to Kuching within the next five years if Pakatan Rakyat came to power after the May 5 polls.
“He (Lim) can promise anything. Their style of campaigning is to promise anything to get the people’s votes.
“As in the past, they would make excuses when they could not fulfil their promises. This amounts to making empty promises. I hope people would not be misled by them.”
He thus urged the people to rally solidly behind someone who could realise their expectations and aspirations, and that someone was the BN government with prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak the leader.
Lau went on to say that so much development had been taking place under the BN government but the oppositions were bent on creating an impression that BN was not doing enough.
He also urged Sarawakians to be patient because with a size almost the same as Peninsular Malaysia and sometimes with limited resources the implementation of projects could not be done at once.
On his election campaign so far, Lau said he was confident that Nangka voters were solidly behind the BN.
“Dr Annuar and other PBB leaders have been galvanising people’s support for the BN,” he said.
Lau, however, warned of a fierce and tough battle ahead and that they had to double their effort in their bid to capture Sibu from the opposition. #myvotes13 #ge13
- Death toll rises to eight, 13 remain missing in China mine flooding
- Egypt’s Morsi sentenced to 20 years over protester deaths
- US man jailed for 18 years over Bali ‘suitcase murder’
- KPDNKK records 16 cases, seizures worth RM1 million in Tawau
- Tourist traffic from U.S to Malaysia in 2014 remained stable despite the three air tragedies