Talib: Sarawak deserves more federal ministerial posts
Posted on May 9, 2013, Thursday
BINTULU: Assistant Minister of Tourism Datuk Talib Zulpilip suggests that more MPs from Sarawak be made ministers and deputy ministers in the federal cabinet to reflect equitable representation.
“I don’t know who but I do believe there are capable ones among them worthy of inclusion in the cabinet and promotion if they were already deputy ministers in the last cabinet,” he said when met here yesterday.
Another factor that should be taken into consideration, he said, was that the state delivered a substantial number of seats (25) for the BN to allow it to retain power in the just concluded election.
It is understood that the state BN component parties have come up with their respective list of candidates for possible inclusion in the cabinet by the prime minister.
The possibility of four-term Bintulu MP Datuk Seri Tiong King Sing, as the only Chinese (BN) MP from Sarawak, being given a full ministerial post was welcomed by Talib.
“For the good representation in the cabinet, MPs from Sarawak must be considered,” he said, although it was the prerogative of the prime minster to decide whom to pick from the 133 MPs.
- Tengku chukup ransing nguluka ejensi perintah meri peransang penemu ngagai rayat menua pesisir
- Samy Vellu sedia jadi orang tengah selesai kemelut MIC
- N.Sembilan mahu pindah lokasi SMA Dato’ Klana Petra Maamor
- MBMB sasar kutip RM86 juta cukai taksiran tahun ini
- Kenyataan Mustafa terhadap Lim bersifat peribadi: Mat Sabu