Red Hat eyes between 600 to 800 associates worldwide in FY2014
Posted on May 15, 2013, Wednesday
KUALA LUMPUR: Red Hat Inc (Red Hat), a leading provider of open source solutions, is planning to hire between 600 to 800 associates worldwide in the financial year 2014.
Red Hat general manager (Asean) Damien Wong said the new recruits are expected to play sales and customer support roles in the 10-member regional grouping.
“We believe businesses will continue to adopt open source solutions as the mainstream technology that not only liberates resources, but also provides information technology infrastructures that are secure, robust and agile,” he told a media briefing yesterday.
He said Red Hat had worked closely with partners in Malaysia to reach out to local customers, creating an ecosystem that is supported by both parties.
“To further support that ecosystem in Asean, Red Hat plans to invest in partner-specific marketing, sales and technical support to promote sustainability of the channel partner ecosystem,” he said.
Wong said it was good to note that in Malaysia, information and communications technology (ICT) initiatives such as Digital Malaysia programme will help promote innovative digital business models, and create new sources of growth.
“Red Hat’s global channel business had grown over the past four years with channel bookings at 53 per cent of total bookings in financial year 2008 to 60 per cent in financial year 2012, and most recently, 62 per cent for financial year 2013,” he added.
Wong said in the latest earnings results, Red Hat achieved the 44th consecutive quarter of revenue growth.
“Red Hat provides innovative solutions to more than 90 per cent of the fortune companies, across several verticals including financial services, technology and media, telecommunications, service providers and government entities,” he added. — Bernama
- Lorry driver shot on way to work
- It’s a dog’s life
- Paul supposed to get back from work trip last week – Wife
- Bekas pengerusi DAP Karpal Singh maut dalam kemalangan berhampiran Gua Tempurung pada 12.40 pagi tadi - Ketua Polis Daerah Kampar
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
- Growing jihadist threat in Tunisia border area
- Search Ended as Perpetrator of Fatal Hit-and-Run Surrendered to Police
- ‘No over-reliance on Petronas for contract handouts’
- WTK to benefit from diversification into oil palm plantation
- Possible hike in OPR later this year on March’s steady inflation rate
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement