KM Mobil unveils 2nd generation Isuzu D-Max
Posted on May 19, 2013, Sunday
MIRI: The authorised dealer of Isuzu range of vehicles, KM Mobil Sdn Bhd yesterday launched the new second generation Isuzu D-Max that features significant improvements over its predecessor.
Ready to take the local double-cab truck market by storm, this new ‘rebirth’ of the D-Max is not a facelift, but rather a whole new vehicle sitting on an all-new platform boasting new design and engine that gives superior fuel efficiency.
Breaking away from its predecessor, this second generation D-Max packs more horsepower albeit having the same engine displacement; primarily for demanding drivers who desire a machine that is able to take on any rough terrain and rural road.
Its new 2.5-litre Super Commonrail Variable Geometry System (VGS) turbo engine now offers an increase in power and torque, with the figures rising to 100kw at 3600rpm, instead of 85kw for the its predecessor, and 320Nm of torque at 1,800-2,200rpm, instead of 280Nm.
In terms of safety and durability, the new D-Max has the biggest and thickest chassis in its class of double cabin vehicles. It is also equipped with dual airbags and ABS brakes with EBD, stability and traction control systems.
“We expect sales of this new D-Max to double from the previous model, and we have 100 per cent confidence of this because it is really a nice car,” said KM Mobil managing director Tan Kim Hoon in response to a question on his expectation on the popularity of the new vehicle.
He said the new D-Max is more comfortable to drive, smoother than before, which is a result of its new suspension system.
As at yesterday, May 18, KM Mobil had already secured 25 bookings for this new vehicle, according to Tan.
The new Isuzu D-Max is available in four colours, Phoenix Red Mica, Phantom Grey Mica, Stallion Black Metallic and Titanium Silver Metallic.
On the road prices are between RM72,000 and RM102,000, depending on the variants and accessories.
Further information can be obtained from KM Mobil at 085-663355 or visit its showroom at Saberkas Commercial Centre, Miri.
- Lorry driver shot on way to work
- It’s a dog’s life
- Paul supposed to get back from work trip last week – Wife
- Bekas pengerusi DAP Karpal Singh maut dalam kemalangan berhampiran Gua Tempurung pada 12.40 pagi tadi - Ketua Polis Daerah Kampar
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
- Growing jihadist threat in Tunisia border area
- Search Ended as Perpetrator of Fatal Hit-and-Run Surrendered to Police
- ‘No over-reliance on Petronas for contract handouts’
- WTK to benefit from diversification into oil palm plantation
- Possible hike in OPR later this year on March’s steady inflation rate
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement