British zoo worker mauled to death by tiger
Posted on May 26, 2013, Sunday
LONDON: A British zoo worker mauled in a tiger attack has died of her injuries, police said Saturday.
Sarah McClay, 24, was attacked Friday in the big cats enclosure at South Lakes Wild Animal Park in Dalton-in-Furness, northwest England.
The woman, who is from the local area, was flown by air ambulance to a hospital where she later died.
Cumbria Constabulary police force and the local authorities are investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Police said the tiger was locked in its enclosure following the attack and that members of the public were not at any risk during the incident.
The wildlife park closed early and all visitors left the site.
Police said McClay’s family were ‘very shocked and distressed’ and had requested privacy to grieve. — AFP
- Teacher forces student to convert without parental consent
- Secret Chinese airport brought down to earth by chopper crash
- Air crash victims' hometown 'angry', 'shocked' by new findings
- Phone interception reveals 'crown prince' gave ‘green light’ to attack cops – officer
- Minister: Schoolgirl asks for ‘conversion’ but parents not informed