Naim to ride on booming Bintulu property market
Posted on May 30, 2013, Thursday
KUCHING: Naim Holdings Bhd (Naim) has been viewed as the best proxy to ride the booming property market driven mainly by massive industrial developments at Samalaju in Bintulu.
According to RHB Research Institute Sdn Bhd (RHB Research) analyst, Naim has guided that it was likely to record yet another record year in terms of property sales for the financial year 2013 (FY13) on the back of new property launches that will be mainly from Bintulu.
The research firm highlighted that new launches worth RM900 million of which half will come from shops, offices and condominium units at its RM2 billion integrated development Bintulu Paragon, while the the remaining launches will come from landed and/or high-rise residential units and shops in Kuching and Miri.
“Naim also guided new construction contract wins of about RM500 million in FY13 that are most likely to come from ‘infrastructure works in Sarawak, particularly, road jobs’,” it pointed out, adding that at present, its outstanding construction order book stood at RM1 billion.
Meanwhile, RHB Research noted, “Post 13th general election, we believe investors should refocus on sector fundamentals that are reasonably attractive underpinned by a construction upcycle.”
For Naim, the research firm expected that the company will be buoyed by the booming property market in Bintulu, construction projects under Sarawak Corridor of Renewable Energy (Score), and sustained high construction margins given limited competition from only a small pool of Sarawak-state-registered (UPK) contractors for most public jobs in Sarawak
RHB Research also believed that Naim’s 33.6 per cent-owned Dayang Enterprise Holdings Bhd’s (Dayang) robust performance will also a effect the company positively.
As such, it raised Naim’s fair value by 35 per cent to RM6.11per share (from RM4.51 per share), based on 12-fold revised FY14 earnings per share.
- Lorry driver shot on way to work
- It’s a dog’s life
- Paul supposed to get back from work trip last week – Wife
- Bekas pengerusi DAP Karpal Singh maut dalam kemalangan berhampiran Gua Tempurung pada 12.40 pagi tadi - Ketua Polis Daerah Kampar
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
- Growing jihadist threat in Tunisia border area
- Search Ended as Perpetrator of Fatal Hit-and-Run Surrendered to Police
- ‘No over-reliance on Petronas for contract handouts’
- WTK to benefit from diversification into oil palm plantation
- Possible hike in OPR later this year on March’s steady inflation rate
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement