Pesona Metro aims for RM1 billion order book with aggressive tendering
Posted on June 15, 2013, Saturday
PUTRAJAYA: Construction outfit Pesona Metro Holdings Bhd (Pesona Metro) aims to expand its order book to RM1 billion by year-end.
Director Wie Hock Kiong said currently its order book stands at RM389 million with six ongoing projects in hand.
“We are optimistic of securing the target as we are aggressively tendering for construction projects to replenish our order book and the market has also recognised our quality.
“The construction industry is expected to record another double-digit growth this year and this will benefit us as well,” he told Bernama after the company’s annual general meeting here yesterday.
Wie said as part of its risk management strategym, the company only picks the jobs that can bring it value.
On the company’s performance for the financial year ending December 31, 2013, he said the internal target is to record more than 20 per cent growth both in revenue and pre-tax profit.
Last financial year, Pesona Metro recorded a revenue of RM220.775 million and a pre-tax profit of RM17.195 million.
Recently, the company released its financial results for the first quarter for the financial year ending Dec 31, 2013, which reported a revenue of RM73.7 million and a pre-tax profit of RM5.479 million.
The company, through its subsidiary Pesona Saferay Sdn Bhd, is principally engaged in construction and manufacture of polyurethane (PU) products as building materials for the construction sector.
“Pesona Saferay is currently one of the largest suppliers of PU products locally so there is definitely room to grow and we are already working on this,” he added.
The company exports more than 96 per cent of its total PU production to countries such as the US, the Middle East, Singapore, Japan and Russia.
Pesona was recently named the Best Contractor for 2013 under the category for infrastructure projects exceeding RM50 million in contract value by the Public Works Department. — Bernama
- Lorry driver shot on way to work
- It’s a dog’s life
- Paul supposed to get back from work trip last week – Wife
- Bekas pengerusi DAP Karpal Singh maut dalam kemalangan berhampiran Gua Tempurung pada 12.40 pagi tadi - Ketua Polis Daerah Kampar
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
- Growing jihadist threat in Tunisia border area
- Search Ended as Perpetrator of Fatal Hit-and-Run Surrendered to Police
- ‘No over-reliance on Petronas for contract handouts’
- WTK to benefit from diversification into oil palm plantation
- Possible hike in OPR later this year on March’s steady inflation rate
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement