Pregnant woman claims trial to six CBT charges
Posted on July 6, 2013, Saturday
SHAH ALAM: A former assistant accountant, who is eight months pregnant, pleaded not guilty to six counts of criminal breach of trust (CBT) involving RM553,391.90 at the Magistrates Court here yesterday.
Fara Wahida Mad Aziz, 34, of Bandar Tun Hussein, Cheras, allegedly misappropriated six RHB and Affin bank cheques belonging to Seri Siantan Sdn Bhd which had been entrusted to her at the company’s premises at Jalan Badminton 13/29, Section 13 here between Jan 22 and March 3 2011.
She is liable to a minimum of one year in prison, whipping and fine upon conviction under Section 408 of the Penal Code.
Deputy public prosecutor Noor Husnita Mohd Radzi conducted the prosecution while lawyer Hisham Nazir represented the accused.Judge Mohd Sabri Ismail released Fara Wahida on a RM12,000 bail with one surety and fixed Aug 20 for remention. — Bernama
- Couple stumbles upon body at Kota Sentosa bazaar
- Man shocked to see dead cat hanging in front of his house
- ASB announces dividend and bonus for its unitholders
- 10 civil servants in Sarawak detained for corruption-related offences this year
- Survivors: Gunmen toyed with students before lining them up and shooting them