‘Yogathon’ attracts 200 participants
by Georgette Tan email@example.com. Posted on July 8, 2013, Monday
KUCHING: Nearly 200 participants bid good morning to the sun yesterday in a ‘Yogathon’ held at the State Youth and Sports Complex here.
Organised by the Kuching branch of ‘Art of Living’, the Yogathon challenges people — yoga practitioners or not, both young and old – to perform 54 sets of the Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation.
The Sun Salutation consists of a series of 12 poses. Led by four yoga instructors, participants worked through stretches and increasing tiredness; ignoring the sweat rolling down their limbs as they pushed themselves to their limits.
Rather than succumb to exhaustion, participants broke into cheers and applause at the end of the Yogathon. At the instruction of a facilitator, they settled down to a well-deserved Shavasana or rest.
This was followed by a round of sharing by participants, who shared their thoughts on that morning’s experience, and acknowledged all yoga teachers present.
Several yoga schools and centres took part in this mass exercise.
Out of the 197 participants, 162 collected a gold certificate each for completing all 54 sets. Another 35 picked up a Spirit of Yoga certificate for making the attempt.
- English debate attracted only 7 out of 27 Sibu schools — Education assistant officer
- Top catch of 560gm – and RM600 – goes to Dayang Aury in Marine Police fishing contest
- SMK Tiong Hin wins choral speaking contest
- Expo to form part of Miri May Fest celebration
- SMK Marudi best with 95.5 pct overall pass
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement