Preserving rainforest a world interest — Masidi
Posted on July 10, 2013, Wednesday
KOTA KINABALU: State Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister Datuk Masidi Manjun has applauded the continuous collaboration between Yayasan Sabah and NEPCon, for the management of Maliau Basin Conservation Area (MBCA) for the next 10 years.
“Such collaboration between two different countries is most welcome, especially between the rich and developed countries with a developing country like Malaysia.
“It is in the world’s interest that we cooperate in preserving the rainforest and our natural environment,” he said.
Masidi was speaking at the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between Yayasan Sabah and NEPCon, a non-profit organisation in Denmark, on the revision of MBCA Management Plan 2014-2023, here.
He said NEPCon undertook the responsibility in collaborating with Sabah in the preparation of the MBCA Management Plan 10 years ago on behalf of the Government of Denmark.
“This time they took their own initiative in support of Yayasan Sabah to raise funding to review the MBCA strategic management plan which expired in 2012. — Bernama
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement