Preserving rainforest a world interest — Masidi
Posted on July 10, 2013, Wednesday
KOTA KINABALU: State Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister Datuk Masidi Manjun has applauded the continuous collaboration between Yayasan Sabah and NEPCon, for the management of Maliau Basin Conservation Area (MBCA) for the next 10 years.
“Such collaboration between two different countries is most welcome, especially between the rich and developed countries with a developing country like Malaysia.
“It is in the world’s interest that we cooperate in preserving the rainforest and our natural environment,” he said.
Masidi was speaking at the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between Yayasan Sabah and NEPCon, a non-profit organisation in Denmark, on the revision of MBCA Management Plan 2014-2023, here.
He said NEPCon undertook the responsibility in collaborating with Sabah in the preparation of the MBCA Management Plan 10 years ago on behalf of the Government of Denmark.
“This time they took their own initiative in support of Yayasan Sabah to raise funding to review the MBCA strategic management plan which expired in 2012. — Bernama
- Child’s play could predict expectant parents’ capabilities: study
- PKBN Graduates Can Now Continue ‘O’ Level Studies and Beyond
- Locals Must Change Work Attitude to Outdo Foreigners
- Their Majesties Consented to Attend Diplomatic Corps’ Reception for 68th Birthday
- Three of the best back-to-school smartphones