Worker killed in freak accident at factory
Posted on July 11, 2013, Thursday
KEMAMAN: A worker was killed in a freak accident which saw him entangled in an oil palm processing machine at a factory in Seri Bandi here yesterday.
Mohd Bistari Bistaman, 27, who sustained chest and abdominal injuries, died shortly upon arrival at the Seri Bandi Health Centre.
The body was sent to the Kemaman Hospital.
Kemaman police chief Supt Che Suza Che Hitam said in the 9.30am incident, Mohd Bistari and his brother were jointly handling the chain-operated machine when it struck the victim.
He said Mohd Bistari, from Felda Jelai 2, Gemas in Negeri Sembilan, had been carrying out maintenance work in the factory over the past two months. — Bernama
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
- H1N1 Flu kills 45 in Thailand this year
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement