Worker killed in freak accident at factory
Posted on July 11, 2013, Thursday
KEMAMAN: A worker was killed in a freak accident which saw him entangled in an oil palm processing machine at a factory in Seri Bandi here yesterday.
Mohd Bistari Bistaman, 27, who sustained chest and abdominal injuries, died shortly upon arrival at the Seri Bandi Health Centre.
The body was sent to the Kemaman Hospital.
Kemaman police chief Supt Che Suza Che Hitam said in the 9.30am incident, Mohd Bistari and his brother were jointly handling the chain-operated machine when it struck the victim.
He said Mohd Bistari, from Felda Jelai 2, Gemas in Negeri Sembilan, had been carrying out maintenance work in the factory over the past two months. — Bernama
- US ‘delighted’ by impending arrival of Sudanese Christian convert
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian in massive W.Bank clash: security
- ‘Challenges’ in quest to find water on Earth-like worlds
- Commonwealth Games: David reaches women’s squash last 16
- Wreckage of missing Algerian airliner with 116 on board found in Mali