Worker killed in freak accident at factory
Posted on July 11, 2013, Thursday
KEMAMAN: A worker was killed in a freak accident which saw him entangled in an oil palm processing machine at a factory in Seri Bandi here yesterday.
Mohd Bistari Bistaman, 27, who sustained chest and abdominal injuries, died shortly upon arrival at the Seri Bandi Health Centre.
The body was sent to the Kemaman Hospital.
Kemaman police chief Supt Che Suza Che Hitam said in the 9.30am incident, Mohd Bistari and his brother were jointly handling the chain-operated machine when it struck the victim.
He said Mohd Bistari, from Felda Jelai 2, Gemas in Negeri Sembilan, had been carrying out maintenance work in the factory over the past two months. — Bernama
- Strategies, priorities for 11MP will be presented in Parliament on May 21
- Xiaomi announces 5 exciting new Mi gadgets ahead of Mi Fan Festival 2015
- No change in tuition fees, hostel charges in public universities post-GST
- Two more staff of news portal held over hudud law issue
- PM’s private secretary dies