Services and manufacturing sectors receive boost from Entry Point Projects
Posted on August 24, 2013, Saturday
KLANG: Boosted by Entry Point Projects (EPP) under the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP), the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) is confident of securing investments worth RM60 billion and RM48 billion respectively for the services and manufacturing sectors, this year.
Its deputy chief executive officer II, Datuk Phang Ah Tong said for the first quarter of 2013, Malaysia recorded overall approved investments of RM49.3 billion.
Speaking to reporters at the Domestic Direct Investment Initiatives seminar yesterday, he said this was an increase of 44 per cent, when compared to the RM34.3 billion in the same period of 2012.
“It reflects the country’s competitiveness as a location of choice for investments in the region.
“The services sector accounted for the largest share of the investments approved in the economy at RM22.3 billion (45.2 per cent), followed by the primary sector with RM15.3 billion (31 per cent) and the manufacturing sector at RM11.7 billion (23.8 per cent),” he added.
The seminar on Domestic Direct Investment Initiatives was co-organised by MIDA and the Klang Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
It is aimed at reaching out to the local business community to promote domestic direct investments.
The one-day seminar also provided a platform for networking and exchange of views and knowledge on the latest government policies, initiatives, opportunities and facilities available for the business community, particularly in Selangor. — Bernama
- Our responsibility to stop drug menace, says DO
- English debate attracted only 7 out of 27 Sibu schools — Education assistant officer
- Top catch of 560gm – and RM600 – goes to Dayang Aury in Marine Police fishing contest
- SMK Tiong Hin wins choral speaking contest
- Expo to form part of Miri May Fest celebration
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement