Site Last Updated 2:50 pm, Saturday

Think twice, would-be intruders warned

by Elton Gomes. Posted on September 6, 2013, Friday

KOTA KINABALU: Home Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi has warned any parties trying to subvert the sovereignty of the country to forego such plans as the Malaysian security forces are currently at its optimum stage and are prepared to face any new threat to Sabah’s east coast.

“This is a warning towards any party who wishes to threaten the sovereignty of the country to forego their plan as our security forces are at its optimum level.

“With the establishment of the Eastern Sabah Security Command (ESSCOM) and other agencies, security in those areas have been tightened to deter any unwelcome threat,” he said.

Ahmad Zahid also blasted Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) leader Nur Misuari and self-proclaimed Sultan of Sulu Jamalul Kiram III, who supported the invasion in Lahad Datu earlier in March, and pledged that such an incident will never happen again.

He said this after presenting the medal of honour to 56 security forces personnel who fought for the country’s sovereignty during the March intrusion, at the Police Training Centre (Pulapol) at the state police headquarters in Kepayan here yesterday.

Also present were Secretary and Asset Management Service Minister Datuk Mohamed Asri Yusof and Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Hamza Taib.

On Wednesday, Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar had said that the police are prepared to face any new threat of intrusion into Sabah’s east coast.

Khalid made the announcement in response to dissemination of rumours via SMS alleging that 13 armed Sulus had arrived at Kampung Belacan, Tawau to capture the district.

This was not the first time the Royal Malaysia Police had received such information, he said, but the police will check carefully so as to not let the matter slip from their view.

Print Friendly

We encourage commenting on our stories to give readers a chance to express their opinions; please refrain from vulgar language, insidious, seditious or slanderous remarks. While the comments here reflect the views of the readers, they are not necessarily that of Borneo Post Online. Borneo Post Online reserves the right not to publish or to remove comments that are offensive or volatile. Please read the Commenting Rules.

Comments are closed.

90