RM250 million waterfront projects in Sibu
by Conny Banji, firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted on October 24, 2013, Thursday
SIBU: Fullyard Sdn Bhd (Fullyard) has on its drawing board about RM250 million worth of projects for Sibu Town Square Commercial Centre.
Fullyard chief executive officer Dato Sri John Lau said the development project would be on a 16-acre lot at Sibu Town Square Phase 2.
“The project components include 105 units of shop, a unit of eight-storey budget hotel with 160 rooms, a unit each of eight and six-storey office towers and 100 units of condominium with four penthouses.
“We also intend to build a luxury hotel with 250 rooms but the plan is not finalised yet,” he told a press conference at Sibu Municipal Council’s office yesterday.
Earlier, he briefed council chairman Datuk Tiong Thai King on the project.
Under the company’s corporate social responsibility (CSR), it would spend RM20 million to upgrade and beautify Sibu Town Square Phase 2.
Of that amount, RM15 million will be used to build a 500m long retaining wall and 8-metre
wide promenade at the town square’s waterfront.
“The promenade will include pocket gardens with lush shady trees where the public can rest and enjoy scenic views at the waterfront.
“Another RM5 million will be spent on landscaping including subsoil drainage work on existing turf area at the town square for outdoor activities like kite-flying and remote control airplanes,” he said.
The sub-soil drainage work would begin next week and expected to be completed in seven months.
Also present at the press conference were the council’s deputy chairman Daniel Ngieng, secretary Hii Chang Kee and architect Abu Bakar.
- Lorry driver shot on way to work
- It’s a dog’s life
- Paul supposed to get back from work trip last week – Wife
- Bekas pengerusi DAP Karpal Singh maut dalam kemalangan berhampiran Gua Tempurung pada 12.40 pagi tadi - Ketua Polis Daerah Kampar
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement