International tattoo artists to attend expo this weekend
Posted on November 14, 2013, Thursday
MIRI: International tattoo artists will be among those attending the Kenarau I Sarawak Tattoo Expo 2013 this weekend.
Sarawak Body Arts Association president Felix Dixon said enthusiasts should not miss the opportunity to have their tattoos done by professional internationally acclaimed tattoo artists.
“Currently there are 41 tattoo studios or artists from as far Holland, Indonesia, Taiwan, Bali, China and Brunei, as well as from Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Klang, Penang, Sabah, Kuching and Miri, who will be here,” he said.
The expo will be held at Level 3 of the civic centre from 2.30pm to 10pm on Saturday (Nov 16) and from 12pm to 10 pm on Sunday with an entry fee of RM10 per person.
“Mayor Lawrence Lai is expected to officiate at the expo on Nov 16th. There will be games for the public and events for participants such as the tattoo competition namely colour category, ‘Ol’ Skool’ category, Oriental category and ‘Best Fresh Tattoo of the Day’,” added Felix.
He said the highlight of the expo would be a traditional hand-tapping demonstration by local artists on Sunday.
“We hope to continue to preserve the traditional body art culture and to develop talents and skills in Sarawak body art culture. We want to promote making body art practices as a professional career among the locals, particularly among youth,” he said.
- Firecrackers left a family of five in tears as fire destroyed their home
- Chinese smartphone makers win as market swells
- Najib congratulates Commonwealth Games Gold Medal winners Nicol And Badminton Mixed Team
- Air quality unhealthy in Samarahan, Sibu, Sri Aman, Banting, Port Klang, Petaling Jaya, Batu Muda (KL), Cheras and Putrajaya as at 7 am today
- Japan heatwave kills 15, thousands hospitalised