Sebauh Regatta 2013 to see best and toughest boat races
Posted on November 14, 2013, Thursday
BINTULU: The three-day Sebauh Regatta 2013 starting tomorrow along the Kemena River is going to offer the best and toughest boat races among local teams.
The race will be divided into three main categories namely Temuai, Bidar and Speedboat.
There will be a side-line boat decorating contest that will add more colours to the event. The prizes for this contest are sponsored by Assistant Minister of Public Utilities (Electricity and Telecommunication) cum Kemena assemblyman Datuk Dr Stephen Rundi Utom.
Dr Rundi is expected to officiate at the opening ceremony tomorrow at 10am.
A night show will be put up at Sebauh community hall.
The regatta is jointly organised by Bintulu Development Authority (BDA), Bintulu Resident and District Offices and other government agencies. The last series of Sebauh Regatta was held in 2006.
For this year’s regatta, it will be held to commemorate BDA’s 35th anniversary together with the 50th anniversary of Sarawak’s independence within Malaysia.
The organisers have allocated relatively lucrative prizes to be won.
Among the sponsors for the trophies is Amalgamated Plant Engineering Sdn Bhd director Puan Sri Elizabeth Pawa who will be sponsoring a champion trophy for the Temuai boat race (female 15 paddlers).
BDA deputy chairman Tan Sri Celestine Ujan Jilan is sponsoring a champion trophy for the ‘King of the River’ TYT Cup and Bidar (men 30 paddlers) race.
Tan Sri Yee Ming Seng is sponsoring a trophy for the Chief Minister’s Cup for the Temuai (men 30 paddlers) race.
Temuai boat race (men 25 paddlers) champion trophy is sponsored by Bintulu MP Datuk Seri Tiong King Sing while for the Bidar boat race (men 20 paddlers ) champion trophy is sponsored by Datuk Sia Hiong Ngee.
Finally, Datuk Toh Chiew Hock is sponsoring a champion trophy for the Temuai (men 20 paddlers) race.
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement