Man falls to death from tree
by Elton Gomes. Posted on January 11, 2014, Saturday
KOTA KINABALU: The body of a foreign gardener was found at an orchard in Kampung Mensiang, Menggatal after he allegedly fell to his death from a Tarap tree on Tuesday.
Sebastian Anus, 47, was found dead under the tree around 10am on Wednesday.
It was learnt that the victim had gone to the estate on Tuesday morning and when he failed to return home, his colleague and family members went to look for him the following day.
City police chief ACP Jauteh Dikun, when contacted yesterday confirmed the incident and said the victim’s body has been taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for a post-mortem.
“Initial police investigation believed the victim was up on the tree when he slipped and fell to the ground, hitting his head on some branches and wood.
“Police investigation also shows the victim died at the scene due to the fall,” he said.
Jauteh said the case has been classified as sudden dead as no criminal elements were found either on the victim’s body or at the scene.
- Remains of mother, son laid to rest at Semariang Muslim cemetery
- The remains of mother and son to arrive at TUDM around 2.30pm this afternoon
- Japan landslide toll feared to more than double
- MH17: Philippine embassy flies flag at half-mast
- 20 hearses driven past Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Abdul Halim