Man falls to death from tree
by Elton Gomes. Posted on January 11, 2014, Saturday
KOTA KINABALU: The body of a foreign gardener was found at an orchard in Kampung Mensiang, Menggatal after he allegedly fell to his death from a Tarap tree on Tuesday.
Sebastian Anus, 47, was found dead under the tree around 10am on Wednesday.
It was learnt that the victim had gone to the estate on Tuesday morning and when he failed to return home, his colleague and family members went to look for him the following day.
City police chief ACP Jauteh Dikun, when contacted yesterday confirmed the incident and said the victim’s body has been taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for a post-mortem.
“Initial police investigation believed the victim was up on the tree when he slipped and fell to the ground, hitting his head on some branches and wood.
“Police investigation also shows the victim died at the scene due to the fall,” he said.
Jauteh said the case has been classified as sudden dead as no criminal elements were found either on the victim’s body or at the scene.
- ‘Medical practitioners fail to detect dengue symptoms early’
- ‘We Care for Humanity’ to set up new chapter in Malaysia
- Palanivel must hold CWC emergency meeting within 24 hours — Saravanan
- Malaysia to host 24th International Harm Reduction Conference in October
- Delays or no action taken top complaint list