Body sent for post-mortem
Posted on March 2, 2014, Sunday
MIRI: The body of a man who drowned in Tinjar River, Baram, late Friday evening has been sent to Miri Hospital yesterday.
The remains of Awie Kiruh, 17, arrived here around 3.30am for a post-mortem.
According to sources, in the 5pm incident on Friday, Awie and four other friends had gone to the river to take bath.
Unfortunately, Awie, who was not a good swimmer (according to his aunty), got into some difficulties while bathing, eventually submerged.
A search was mooted later after the friends informed Awie’s family. They finally found Awie around 6pm-pale and breathless.
- Impose whipping on those who make sensitive and insulting statements: MP
- RM975.37 million allocated to replace old, leaking water pipes nationwide: Ongkili
- Prosecution to rebut defence arguments tomorrow: Muhammad Shafee
- St Vincent: Ship denied entry following report of crew exhibiting Ebola symptoms
- Review punishment for timber theft: MACC