Body sent for post-mortem
Posted on March 2, 2014, Sunday
MIRI: The body of a man who drowned in Tinjar River, Baram, late Friday evening has been sent to Miri Hospital yesterday.
The remains of Awie Kiruh, 17, arrived here around 3.30am for a post-mortem.
According to sources, in the 5pm incident on Friday, Awie and four other friends had gone to the river to take bath.
Unfortunately, Awie, who was not a good swimmer (according to his aunty), got into some difficulties while bathing, eventually submerged.
A search was mooted later after the friends informed Awie’s family. They finally found Awie around 6pm-pale and breathless.
- Generasi muda perlu hindari fahaman ekstremisme: Tawfiq
- Astro Awani studio director killed in road accident
- Minimum wage exemption for micro employers tantamount to denying workers’ rights
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in US prison
- Inanam student’s injury accidental, case resolved – director