Mawan pledges RM50,000 to school PTA
Posted on May 4, 2014, Sunday
SARATOK: Minister of Social Development Tan Sri William Mawan who is also Saratok MP pledged RM50,000 to the parent-teacher association (PTA) of SK Abang Leman Kabong at its 11th annual general meeting opening ceremony at the school yesterday.
The allocation is to part finance the PTA’s yearly activities, according to Udin Ali, a close aide to Mawan, who is also SPDP president.
The opening ceremony was attended by more than 200 people including parents.
Mawan also pledged RM20,000 to an association for single mothers, Persatuan Ibu Tunggal (Pitsa) Kalaka, for their annual activities at a Mothers’ Day function at Kabong Central square here.
“We felt touched by his (Mawan’s) concern and caring attitude,” said Udin.
More than 400 people including Pitsa president Salmah Ibrahim were at the function.
Political secretaries to the chief minister Peter Howell Jilan and Kijan Toynbee as well as SPDP supreme council member Maslinda Hamidon attended both functions.
- MH370 families trapped in ‘black hole’ one year later
- Timeline: The fruitless year-long hunt for MAS Flight MH370
- ‘Rejected applicants can submit appeals latest by March 31’
- Aedes breeding grounds: Two-week closure for sites
- Malaysia retains top spot in global Muslim travel index for 5th consecutive year