IRB to instruct further pay cuts for tax-delinquent employees
Posted on June 3, 2014, Tuesday
KUALA LUMPUR: The Inland Revenue Board (IRB) will issue the Directive of Tax Deduction (CP38 Directive) to employers to deduct an additional amount from the salaries of employees having outstanding taxes, beginning June 16.
The CP38 Directive will be issued for 156,158 individual taxpayers who owe RM418 million in unpaid taxes to the IRB until May 24, said the IRB in a statement yesterday.
“The employers are required to make additional cuts from the monthly instalments of the employees.
“The CP38 Directive will be effective from the July to December salaries this year and the tax records on the payments made will be sent to the employees concerned via e-mail or by post,” the statement said.
Further enquiries can be made by calling the IRB Call Centre at 1-800-88-5436 or the IRB branch that handles the tax file. — Bernama
- Kuching police seize drugs valued at RM357,450
- Floods continue to recede in Sarawak, only 19 left at a relief centre
- Review of laws is MCMC’s top priority says Chairman Dr Halim
- Former veterinary department director sentenced to two years’ jail
- Car repossessor sentenced to death for drug trafficking