Education Ministry needs new administration model for universities — Idris
Posted on June 15, 2014, Sunday
GEORGE TOWN: The Education Ministry is in need of a new model for university administration to enhance collaboration between universities and industry players.
Second Education Minister Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh said the change in the administration of a university should be changed to facilitate research and development, which indirectly, could generate the country’s economy through the commercialisation of R&D products.
“At present, relations between the industries and universities are still new. We need a new model on how a university should be administered and how the ministry should administer a university,” he told reporters after appearing as a guest in an industrial forum, ‘The Role of Universities in Propelling R&D in Local Business’ here yesterday.
Idris said that over the past five years, the commercialisation of R&D products had reaped in RM1.2 billion and believed the amount would increase further with five universities being accorded the research university status. — Bernama
- Singapore studying Malaysia’s move to introduce VEP on foreign vehicles
- Two suspects who try to escape from police end up in hospital
- Police hunt man who threatened JPJ enforcement officers, two suspects held
- Less students obtain all As in Penang
- Daughter of couple arrested in Sweden proves her capability in PT3