Illegal sand dredging activity busted, 6 detained
Posted on June 15, 2014, Sunday
SARIKEI: A team of local marine police seized a barge suspected to be carrying out illegal sand dredging at Tanjung Sahat, Muara Payang near here, on Wednesday.
Acting state (Region 5) marine police commander Supt Mohd Yazid Abdul Aziz confirmed that a team of marine police when conducting an operation code-named `Ops Pensura’ that morning spotted the barge in the midst of carrying out sand dredging.
When interrogated, the skipper failed to produce a valid permit which prompted the enforcement officers to rope the crew in to facilitate investigation under Section 32A of State Land Code.
The seized barge equipped with two cranes and sand worth in all about RM3.2 million together with the skipper and five crew on board had been handed over to the local Land and Mines Department for further action.
- Leak : High quality video of iPhone 6 appearance on Youtube
- Robin Hood monkey showers Indian town with cash
- Android smartwatches about to add smarter syncing, integration features: report
- Crown Prince awarded with advanced combat skills badge, among others
- Three premises temporarily close for failing hygiene standard