KUALA LUMPUR: Inspector-General of Police, Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar yesterday denied that he has issued a media statement supposedly that the police were ordered to demolish the Batu Caves temple as was spread in the social websites since Wednesday.
He denied the matter through his Twitter account @KBAB51.
After the statement with the headline ‘Notis Perobohan Kuil Batu Cave’ (Batu Cave Temple demolition Notice’) went viral, Khalid said the police conducted investigations to identify the parties involved in spreading it.
The false statement, among others, stated that the notice to demolish the temple was issued by the police.
The statement said the site had been taken over by the government for city development and authorities concerned were ordered to vacate the temple site.
It also stated that the public were asked not to visit the area from May 2 supposedly to facilitate the temple demolition works. — Bernama